For those who hunt the Charleston area beaches...

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one I would like an answer to, as well.

I would lean on something like the Fisher CZ-21 or the Garrett Infinium, buit Im curious to hear what other Carolina surf pirates have to say.

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I haven't hit the beaches this summer, too busy with other things but when I do I love to take my Excalibur 1000. I am still learning this machine and I just love it.

I like the fact that I can get into the surf and not have to worry about getting it wet.

OP
OP
T

thinkin2

Mar 30, 2007
James Island, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21
I just ordered the Excal II and should have it tomorrow or Tuesday. I've really enjoyed the Sov GT so I figured that the Excal II should be good for the water in addition to the Surf PI Dual Field. I really haven't used the Dual Field much since I got it but plan to get out in the water at low tide with it next summer. Too much time wasted chasing tiny pieces of trash on the beach with it. Also wondering how many of you get out into the water on the beaches around here in the winter and what you wear for the cold water. --Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread