New what kind of detector for wet&dry sand in myrtle beach

thedaisypatch

Jan 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
New what kind of detector for wet&dry sand in myrtle beach

Hi,
Im new to this and need to find out the best metal detector for myrtle beach, iron problems im not sure. I finnaly have the time to be able to tresure hunt. My kids are all grown and married, I am so excited about starting this. What should I get? I whant a good machine for wet or dry sand. I collected sharks teeth for years and always ended up near the water to find the best teeth so Im sure the metal detecting will go the same way. Do I need to get a machine for dry sand and one for wet or is there a good machine for both?
What clubs are in the area?
Thank You
Lynn

Attachments

• 100_2493.JPG
    100_2493.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 287

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New what kind of detector for wet&dry sand in myrtle beach

I would recommend the Minelab Sovereign GT w/hipmount kit, WOT coil and bungee sling.

Oh yeah, and a good long handled scoop. You're gonna need it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New what kind of detector for wet&dry sand in myrtle beach

willie d said:
I would recommend the Minelab Sovereign GT w/hipmount kit, WOT coil and bungee sling.

Oh yeah, and a good long handled scoop. You're gonna need it.

Willie is correct, go with the Minelab Sovereign GT, harness with bungee and either a WOT or Sunray S-12 coil, you will not go wrong a Sovereign at a salt water beach.... Just be sure you keep the controls covered up to protect them from the salt spray in the air. It comes with a carrying case that has a see through cover, use it or put a zip lock baggie over controls, then put it in its carrying case. You can adjust the controls through the bag.......

Buy a good scoop, don't waste your money on a cheap scoop, it will break on you in a couple months....If your not going into the water you want need the top of the line water scoops, but you will still need a good long handle scoop.

Good luck, and good hunting.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread