SC treasure hunting

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got into treasure hunting two months ago. So far havent found much but of any good locations in SC please share. From the lowcountry but willing to travel

What part of the lowcountry, i am in beaufort, i only know of a couple spots but my yard has turned up some really good finds.

mtruxfan

May 5, 2013
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
BH QD2, Sea Hunter Mark 2, ACE 350, Garret ProPointer, SS Long Handle scoop
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Brandon, do you hunt the beaches down there? I have a BH QD2 for the land and just got a Sea Hunter 2 for the water? Im in NE TN, hunt mostly parks and playgrounds and the flea markets for coins. Been at it for almost 2 months and Id say me and my kid have got about $20 , a couple wheaties, 1 1946 nickle, a couple .925 rings and a ton of junk.

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brandon, do you hunt the beaches down there? I have a BH QD2 for the land and just got a Sea Hunter 2 for the water? Im in NE TN, hunt mostly parks and playgrounds and the flea markets for coins. Been at it for almost 2 months and Id say me and my kid have got about $20 , a couple wheaties, 1 1946 nickle, a couple .925 rings and a ton of junk.

I hit up The Sands Beach in Port Royal quite a bit, its a river beach. I find mostly clad coins but i found my first ring ever, and then my second one shortly after that. The first one is sterling silver and the other one is just junk costume jewelry, i think it is a toe ring. I have only been out to Hunting Island to metal detect once, found a couple clad coins and nothing else but it wasn't quite beach weather yet and there wasn't very many people there to lose things. Cant wait to go back!

RandynFla

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
FL
Detector(s) used
I currently have a Whites xlt, Fisher CZ20, Minelab explorer se, Garrett infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first diamond ring at the sands in 1990, still in my wife's jewelry box. I can't wait to get back to Beaufort and pick up where I left off relic hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread