Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Sep 2012

SC treasure hunting

Got into treasure hunting two months ago. So far havent found much but of any good locations in SC please share. From the lowcountry but willing to travel

us
    Apr 2013
    Beaufort, SC
    Garrett ACE 350
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwoodshark View Post
    Got into treasure hunting two months ago. So far havent found much but of any good locations in SC please share. From the lowcountry but willing to travel
    What part of the lowcountry, i am in beaufort, i only know of a couple spots but my yard has turned up some really good finds.

us
    mtruxfan

May 2013
    NE Tennessee
    BH QD2, Sea Hunter Mark 2, ACE 350, Garret ProPointer, SS Long Handle scoop
    5 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey Brandon, do you hunt the beaches down there? I have a BH QD2 for the land and just got a Sea Hunter 2 for the water? Im in NE TN, hunt mostly parks and playgrounds and the flea markets for coins. Been at it for almost 2 months and Id say me and my kid have got about $20 , a couple wheaties, 1 1946 nickle, a couple .925 rings and a ton of junk.

us
    Apr 2013
    Beaufort, SC
    Garrett ACE 350
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtruxfan View Post
    Hey Brandon, do you hunt the beaches down there? I have a BH QD2 for the land and just got a Sea Hunter 2 for the water? Im in NE TN, hunt mostly parks and playgrounds and the flea markets for coins. Been at it for almost 2 months and Id say me and my kid have got about $20 , a couple wheaties, 1 1946 nickle, a couple .925 rings and a ton of junk.
    I hit up The Sands Beach in Port Royal quite a bit, its a river beach. I find mostly clad coins but i found my first ring ever, and then my second one shortly after that. The first one is sterling silver and the other one is just junk costume jewelry, i think it is a toe ring. I have only been out to Hunting Island to metal detect once, found a couple clad coins and nothing else but it wasn't quite beach weather yet and there wasn't very many people there to lose things. Cant wait to go back!
    Addicted to the ping!

us
    Nov 2008
    FL
    I currently have a Whites xlt, Fisher CZ20, Minelab explorer se, Garrett infinium LS
    I found my first diamond ring at the sands in 1990, still in my wife's jewelry box. I can't wait to get back to Beaufort and pick up where I left off relic hunting

Sponsors