White's XLT, MXT, TDI
Fisher F75
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC,
Here is what I have noticed with being a member with a club. Most people do not want to hold a position such as president, vice president, secatery, etc. It holds them to committments each month and that hinders people in their everyday life. I have also found that a majority of the people join just to get information as to where you hunt but offer none or little in return. Here in Greenwood I have several friends who MD reqular and we meet from time to time mostly in the A.M over breakfast (no particular place). This is mostly a show and tell of "finds". The get togethers has no formal meeting agenda. There are no presidents, vice presidents, etc. or mission statement that is read. I have found out that this seems to work for all of us.

I say this not to discourage you or anyone else from starting a club or to offend anyone. I hope you have great success and maybe I can attend one of the meetings as a guest when in the area.

OP
OP
scbeachdigger

scbeachdigger

Apr 10, 2013
I'm thinking that's the best way to do things. Keep it informal and more of a informative group hangout.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread