Help start a club
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Apr 2013
    4 times

Help start a club

I live in Horry County, South Carolina and would like to start a club, but need help from someone that has experience. Could someone tell me what I need to do that has started a club before?

Apr 2013
    4 times
    Thank you

us
    Jan 2010
    Greenwood, S.C.
    White's XLT, MXT, TDI Fisher F75 Garrett AT Pro Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE Shadow X5
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    SC,
    Here is what I have noticed with being a member with a club. Most people do not want to hold a position such as president, vice president, secatery, etc. It holds them to committments each month and that hinders people in their everyday life. I have also found that a majority of the people join just to get information as to where you hunt but offer none or little in return. Here in Greenwood I have several friends who MD reqular and we meet from time to time mostly in the A.M over breakfast (no particular place). This is mostly a show and tell of "finds". The get togethers has no formal meeting agenda. There are no presidents, vice presidents, etc. or mission statement that is read. I have found out that this seems to work for all of us.

I say this not to discourage you or anyone else from starting a club or to offend anyone. I hope you have great success and maybe I can attend one of the meetings as a guest when in the area.

Apr 2013
    4 times
    I'm thinking that's the best way to do things. Keep it informal and more of a informative group hangout.

Thanks

Sponsored Links