Anderson County

Willieb18

Feb 15, 2007
Hello,
I m new to the forum and new to metal detecting. I have a ACE 250, and have found a few things in my bck yard. my best find is a 1939 merc. I live in Honea Path. I think my town was founded in 1900 or something like that. There are lot of old houses but I have hard time knocking on doors and asking if I can dig holes in people's yards. If there is anyone In this area that wants to get together just let me know.

OP
OP
W

Willieb18

Feb 15, 2007
No one around here? I am looking for someone to hunt with once or twice. I am willing to drive a little ways. Is there anyone in Greenville?

5woodluther

Dec 4, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Anderson as well. I also have a co-worker from Seneca that has just purchased a new machine recently. Our biggest problem is time and research. We both use the minelab explorers. Hopefully we can all figure out a way to hook up and find some good sites to hunt.

OP
OP
W

Willieb18

Feb 15, 2007
Wow I can't believe there are people from Anderson on here. I didn't think I was ever going to get a reply. Maybe some of us can get together and do some hunting one day.

5woodluther

Dec 4, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan,

Actually, the guy that works with me lives in Seneca as well. We have talked a good bit aboutgoing to Stumphouse, but have never made it. Maybe I will pass your info to him and see if we can all get together some time.

xzempt

Aug 21, 2007
Anderson, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
im also in anderson county.... about 5 minutes from the anderson county courthouse... just got my ACE 250 today..

5woodluther

Dec 4, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now we have managed to find a few of us in the area. If we could only find the time and some good hunting spots we would be in business. I am right near exit 19. Hopefully we will get a break from this heat and get some hunting done.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Anderson County...to everybody in this thread!

Hey Guys (to everyone in this thread),

I'm in Anderson as well...I don't dig that much around here...usually head to the lower part of the state or to VA, etc. Actually, don't really have a digging partner here in the local area, but would love to hook up with locally for some close to home digging...

Just FYI, so you guys don't think I'm just a mooch looking to hunt your site...

I'm on the editorial staff for American Digger magazine, and have also had articles published in W&ET. I produce the "Saving History" video series, and feel free to visit my website at: http://scdigger.com

Take care and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Greg Toney (SCdigger)

ricmarks

Greenie
Sep 21, 2007
hi all, I am from the low country.
this will be my first post, I have a question for y'all. On your website you show an arrowhead as your latest find. How does a metal detector find arrowheads? Now I know all about how a detector works, even have the design schematics and thought about building my own one time, but an arrowhead is made of stone. Is there enough metal in the stone for the detector to locate?
Thanks ric

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ricmarks said:
this will be my first post, I have a question for y'all. On your website you show an arrowhead as your latest find. How does a metal detector find arrowheads? Now I know all about how a detector works, even have the design schematics and thought about building my own one time, but an arrowhead is made of stone. Is there enough metal in the stone for the detector to locate?
Thanks ric
ric,
I don't think they found it with a metal detector...probably was looking for the artifacts or just stumbled on them while metal detecting and looking down. As you know, MD's don't detect arrowheads...BTW, Welcome to Tnet..Think you will like the posts and information on this site. I'm from the lower part of the state also, just below Columbia.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ricmarks said:
Thanks ric

Hey Rick,

I've also been hunting Native American artifacts since I was about 8 years old (over 30 years)...no, it wasn't found with a metal detector...all artifact finds are surface finds.

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread