Help finding phone in creek - Edisto Island, SC

tcsasser

Oct 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thanks for looking,

I lost my phone in the tidal creek behind my house on Edisto Island (located approximately halfway between Beaufort and downtown Charleston). I know the phone is shot, but I am desperate to recover the micro SD card in the phone (which is waterproof) which has a ton of pictures and video of my young son.

The water in the creek is approximately 6-8 feet at high tide and 3-4 feet at low tide. The area where I lost my phone is accessible by and right around my neighbor's dock.

If you or anyone you know in the area can assist with finding my phone, I am happy to cover any of your/their travel expenses and pay you/them generously for your/their time.

Any assistance or advice you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Thomas Sasser
(843) 860-9718 (call anytime!)
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tcsasser

Oct 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest update:

I made contact with Mels05toy (Mel) here on TreasureNet the same night that I lost my phone. Long story short, after trading a few phone calls and text messages, Mel drove at least an hour with his friend/co-worker Art to be at my house by 8:00 am this morning (low tide), strapped on some waders and did not hesitate to hop into some frigid water to help me find my phone. After about an hour with the tide beginning to come in and being chilled to the bone, Mel detected a strong signal and we succeeded in the nearly impossible - we found the phone!!!!!

Many thanks to Mel and to Art - there is no way the phone would have ever been recovered without them. As an added bonus, getting to spend some time with Mel and Art and to hear their stories about hunting and finding relics and was a true pleasure.

Mel & Art, Gentlemen and scholars both - many, many thanks to you both for your time and consideration- I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Mel - "Detector Extraordinaire"

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured those dang creeks would swallow up anything dropped in them! Better chance there than the bottom of the Ashepoo though which is where my old phone rests in peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread