Nerdwithguns

Greenie
Jul 11, 2014
Elgin, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the area. I live not to far away in Elgin. Wish I could help with the panning but don't know to much about it or where to go. There should be someone here who can help you out. Good Luck.

G

gman17

I'm from winnsboro area, I've read somewhere about someone finding some stuff in the little river after they got to bed rock, but never tried myself. I'm not going to dig that far down. Lol

OP
OP
P

Patrick.Peake

Jul 29, 2014
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a great spot on Bellefield road on the Kershaw/Fairfield border but it was full of rattlers (one was also dead on the road) and I wasn't sure if someone would shoot me for being on their property even though the bridge was on the road. I'll check it out in the winter.

Hey Gman I'll be willing to dig down to bedrock on your creek if you wanna try.

G

gman17

Thx bud, I would love too, but wouldn't know where to start. I'm not even sure if the story I read is true, but I know where the little river is. A dredge might work good.

OP
OP
P

Patrick.Peake

Jul 29, 2014
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got any leads on metal detecting sites in Richland/Fairfield/Kershaw counties? If you have a spot I'll help you search it and we can work out a deal for you to keep some or most of the finds (except loose change, my kids like it when I find newer quarters for the arcade games).

Also panned a bit on the shores of lake wateree this weekend and found some what appeared to be gold dust. My youngest snatched at the pan before I could collect it but I know the spot still.

Has anyone else panned the shores of lake wateree or the big rivers downtown when they're low?

OP
OP
P

Patrick.Peake

Jul 29, 2014
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breaking clay at Lake Wateree and found this. A lot of work for a single flake but it's a lot better than the dust I found last time.

2014-08-31_18-13-54_743.jpg

OP
OP
P

Patrick.Peake

Jul 29, 2014
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10918981_10202391497147342_2117462238238752385_o.jpg 1911939_10202391497707356_2326405532394082104_o.jpg Who says pickers can't be found in Blythewood/Ridgeway area? Been doing pretty well under bridges.

G

gman17

Sweet buddy! Do you know the Saluda area clouds creek has a lot of white Quartz, there would have to be some in that area too.

OP
OP
P

Patrick.Peake

Jul 29, 2014
Fort Gordon, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some ore in Harbison State Park on the Midlands Mountain trail. Gold is here, just trying to find it is the problem. Plus, all land you want to get on is private. So I'm only stuck going to underpasses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions