All Treasure Hunting

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for a partner let me know. I just retired from the Army down here by Fort Gordon. I am new to the hobby and am running an AT Gold. Thanks.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how old the school is. Many one room schoolhouses never had your typical playground, so I would not leave any of it undetected. Definitely go under and retrieve any bottles, they will also tell you a little something about the age of the school and perhaps some nice embossed ones will tell you what they were using.keep us posted

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most had an old well location too which is always high on my list. I have found quite a lot under old buildings

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Id hit the entire property in one direction (i.e. East to West), and after you detected the whole area, I hit it from North to South. You might be amazed at all the targets you missed during your 1st pass.

OP
OP
oifbusch

oifbusch

Aug 24, 2014
Abbeville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool guys thanks....I actually used to live there lol, replumbed the entire place so I know underneath of the school pretty good too. This school is late 1800s to early 1900s...my uncle dont know for sure and ive tried researching but no luck!

There is also an old well that is still used today. So ill definitely check it out :) thanks Tyler

And Btripp pm me..im retired from the army as well :)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

OP
OP
oifbusch

oifbusch

Aug 24, 2014
Abbeville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey
Here's a pic I found of the school back in the 40s-50s...i still need to show my uncle this one, the building is almost the same even after all these years
d511464b1d155940463f65c787b6dacc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Most had an old well location too which is always high on my list. I have found quite a lot under old buildings

Id hit the entire property in one direction (i.e. East to West), and after you detected the whole area, I hit it from North to South. You might be amazed at all the targets you missed during your 1st pass.

Last edited:

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oifbusch I sent you a PM, and congrats on retiring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread