Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Armymusician
  • 1 Post By Carolina Tom
  • 1 Post By Armymusician

Thread: Retired in Horry County, looking for friends/club/group

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2009
    North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Garrett AT Pro
    9 times

Retired in Horry County, looking for friends/club/group

Hey folks! I have not really been active on Tnet for roughly 7 or 8 years, but I am starting to get back in the hobby. I've been researching old maps of the area, doing my homework and have found a few spots that have produced some finds, nothing to write home about so far.

Good thing is I am currently hunting on an old property that had a house torn down that was built pre-civil war up near the Loris area. I'm looking to meet up with local people in my area that want to go hunt together. It's raining off and on today but the soybeans were recently cropped so there are acres to hunt with no problems. Contact me so we can share info/perhaps link up sometime soon. I'm interested in taking trips also but it's not the greatest hobby running solo, need good friends to share the excitement of finding a chopped up wheatie ha ha (you know what I mean) .
    LET'S DO THIS!
    Palmetto Pony likes this.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    15844 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Charlotte is 3.5 hours up the road. Don't hesitate to let me know if you get up this way.

I used to run down Hwy. 9 through Loris to my grandparent's beach house (13th Ave. S, NMB). That Loris cop used to sit by the overpass and write tickets all day. I used to be real careful going that way.

Don't hesitate to post your finds, even if they are meager. It's all about saving history, and having some fun.

Good luck to you sir!
    Armymusician likes this.

us
    Aug 2009
    North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Garrett AT Pro
    9 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171220_124340.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	1528175

us
    Aug 2009
    North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Garrett AT Pro
    9 times
    My current area of interest, an old home site that was torn down 20 years ago...predates the Civil War

us
    Aug 2009
    North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Garrett AT Pro
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Tom View Post
    Charlotte is 3.5 hours up the road. Don't hesitate to let me know if you get up this way.

I used to run down Hwy. 9 through Loris to my grandparent's beach house (13th Ave. S, NMB). That Loris cop used to sit by the overpass and write tickets all day. I used to be real careful going that way.

Don't hesitate to post your finds, even if they are meager. It's all about saving history, and having some fun.

Good luck to you sir!
    Yes sir sounds great Tom! Same extension of respect to you! And yes, speeding is not only a matter of breaking the law, it's a method of collecting $ In this area ha ha

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    15844 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armymusician View Post
    My current area of interest, an old home site that was torn down 20 years ago...predates the Civil War
    You just never know where the next awesome find might be. Go look for the iron spot in the field, that's where the house was located. Hunt around there low and slow, dig ALL repeatable signals, and see what turns up. Some really good finds come out of cut fields, just like that one.

Thanks for the pic of the spot. I want to see the finds, coins & relics, you know, treasure.

us
    Aug 2009
    North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Garrett AT Pro
    9 times
    Found some clad, 1 silver 1956 dime and 1 wheetie...1947 so far. And a BUNCH of trash.
    Carolina Tom likes this.

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
    699 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Their should be more silver there and in that area a good possibility of civ or rev war relics. Good luck.

Charter Member
    us
    Never outgrew playin' in the dirt!

Aug 2016
    SC Lowcountry
    XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
    337 times
    Relic Hunting
    I live just down the coast from ya, about 1.5 hours from Loris. Was just there this past year and had to stop and get a little lunch at Fowlers! Looks like you got some really promising ground. HH and GL
    “There are no great men, there are only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.”

― ADM William F. Halsey

us
    DetectorMoe

Apr 2013
    SouthEast North Carolina
    XP Deus, ATpro
    1867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I live one county up from you, Brunswick Co, NC. about 20, 25 minutes from state line. If your on Facebook. Look up Joe Denton, If you don't know him by now, He is a dealer in Little River and he runs a club in North Myrtle Beach, Little river area.. He also on craigslist.. https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/e...437310286.html
    Last edited by Tentis; Dec 26, 2017 at 05:17 AM.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links