Retired in Horry County, looking for friends/club/group

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks! I have not really been active on Tnet for roughly 7 or 8 years, but I am starting to get back in the hobby. I've been researching old maps of the area, doing my homework and have found a few spots that have produced some finds, nothing to write home about so far.

Good thing is I am currently hunting on an old property that had a house torn down that was built pre-civil war up near the Loris area. I'm looking to meet up with local people in my area that want to go hunt together. It's raining off and on today but the soybeans were recently cropped so there are acres to hunt with no problems. Contact me so we can share info/perhaps link up sometime soon. I'm interested in taking trips also but it's not the greatest hobby running solo, need good friends to share the excitement of finding a chopped up wheatie ha ha (you know what I mean) .
LET'S DO THIS!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlotte is 3.5 hours up the road. Don't hesitate to let me know if you get up this way.

I used to run down Hwy. 9 through Loris to my grandparent's beach house (13th Ave. S, NMB). That Loris cop used to sit by the overpass and write tickets all day. I used to be real careful going that way.

Don't hesitate to post your finds, even if they are meager. It's all about saving history, and having some fun.

Good luck to you sir!

OP
OP
Jay Plunder

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20171220_124340.jpg

OP
OP
Jay Plunder

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current area of interest, an old home site that was torn down 20 years ago...predates the Civil War

OP
OP
Jay Plunder

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlotte is 3.5 hours up the road. Don't hesitate to let me know if you get up this way.

I used to run down Hwy. 9 through Loris to my grandparent's beach house (13th Ave. S, NMB). That Loris cop used to sit by the overpass and write tickets all day. I used to be real careful going that way.

Don't hesitate to post your finds, even if they are meager. It's all about saving history, and having some fun.

Good luck to you sir!
Yes sir sounds great Tom! Same extension of respect to you! And yes, speeding is not only a matter of breaking the law, it's a method of collecting $ In this area ha ha

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
My current area of interest, an old home site that was torn down 20 years ago...predates the Civil War

You just never know where the next awesome find might be. Go look for the iron spot in the field, that's where the house was located. Hunt around there low and slow, dig ALL repeatable signals, and see what turns up. Some really good finds come out of cut fields, just like that one.

Thanks for the pic of the spot. I want to see the finds, coins & relics, you know, treasure.

OP
OP
Jay Plunder

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some clad, 1 silver 1956 dime and 1 wheetie...1947 so far. And a BUNCH of trash.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their should be more silver there and in that area a good possibility of civ or rev war relics. Good luck.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live just down the coast from ya, about 1.5 hours from Loris. Was just there this past year and had to stop and get a little lunch at Fowlers! Looks like you got some really promising ground. HH and GL

DetectorMoe

Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread