Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    44 times

Anderson Hwy. 81

Abandoned barn on South Carolina Hwy 81 outside of Anderson. The ruins of a large two-story house, now burned to the ground with only the side chimneys prominent in the invading vegetation. The Bottle House had dozens of cider type bottles under the collapsed structure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anderson2.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	192073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anderson HWY 181.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	192076  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Apr 2003
    South Carolina
    Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
    56 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: Anderson Hwy. 81

Did you hunt here?

GT
    ================================================== ==========
    "Saving History"
    Bringing you REAL metal detecting videos since 2006.
    Subscribe for the latest releases - http://www.youtube.com/scdigger

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

omg I would show up with a uhaul truck... did you see all that wood and those chairs...holey cow....
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

hu

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    44 times

I didnt hunt here....from what I understand there was an antique store next door at one time...chairs are probally left over from there....someone go get permission to hunt this and show us your finds
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Apr 2003
    South Carolina
    Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
    56 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Heart
    I didnt hunt here....from what I understand there was an antique store next door at one time...chairs are probally left over from there....someone go get permission to hunt this and show us your finds
    The reason I asked was, I DO have permission to hunt it, however, the owner who is in his 80's is dying from cancer and a nephew who is in the process of purchasing is also a friend of mine. The transfer of ownership is on hold until, well, it's on hold for the moment. He told me he eventually plans to clear the lot, and when he does, I'm more than welcome to go in...but for now, would rather I wait until everything is settled.

This site is about 1/2 mile from my house.

Greg
    SCdigger
    "Saving History"
    Bringing you REAL metal detecting videos since 2006.
    Subscribe for the latest releases - http://www.youtube.com/scdigger

us
    Dec 2006
    Clarkston, MI
    Minelab explorer

If you do end up hunting this, toss me a note. I am in Anderson as well, and although my free time is little, I will try and make the time. Myself and another local are working on trying to get permission on an old house downtown near the old Mill, so if we are successful with that permisssion, I will let you know.

Jeff

hu

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    44 times

Quote Originally Posted by SCdigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Heart
    The reason I asked was, I DO have permission to hunt it, however, the owner who is in his 80's is dying from cancer and a nephew who is in the process of purchasing is also a friend of mine. The transfer of ownership is on hold until, well, it's on hold for the moment. He told me he eventually plans to clear the lot, and when he does, I'm more than welcome to go in...but for now, would rather I wait until everything is settled.

This site is about 1/2 mile from my house.

Greg
    SCdigger
    Excellent!!!! Please make sure you take more pics and show us your finds! I think its fantastic that you got permission . Thank you!

Nov 2005
    charlotte,North Carolina
    Minelab XP-Pro-MinelabExcaliber-Fisher1260
    29 times

Is the old house on a hill near the mill. Maybe some ivy growing around it. It may be the old place my brother used to rent, Can you place a picture on this message section.Most land was to the right facing the house.goldnugget-Charlotte-NC gosports1@aol.com

us
    Jul 2012

hwy 81

Quote Originally Posted by goldnugget View Post
    Is the old house on a hill near the mill. Maybe some ivy growing around it. It may be the old place my brother used to rent, Can you place a picture on this message section.Most land was to the right facing the house.goldnugget-Charlotte-NC gosports1@aol.com
    Hello, I'm here in Pelzer....what is the word on this hunt ?

Sponsors