Apr 19, 2008
summerville
Detector(s) used
tesoro tiger shark/minelab x-50

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
LOL, I know exactly what you mean about the poacher, except in my case I ran into him one evening. I was hunting a 450 acre farm and I was at the edge of one of the corn fields and at the top of a hill. It was dark and I seen little headlights coming at me about 300 yards away. I knew it was an ATV and I also knew this was the guy that had been paoching and steeling tree stands. Well I returned the favor on the stand and took it to the sheriff's dept.

Anyhow, this was the month of October and in Michigan, it was legal to shine a spot light as long as you didn't have a weapon on you. I have a 2 million candle light, spot light and waited till this moron just got to the top of the hill and hit him with the light. He was blinded by the light and came to a stop before he crashed. I kept the light on him and told him that if he is ever caught again, he will go to jail.

That was a few years back and I heard that hunting now is a lot better on that property. Shoot, that year I took an 8 point buck that field dressed at 250 lbs, my biggest deer ever.

About that plantation, email me. live in North Charleston (Dorchester/Ashley Phostate area) , I have been doing some research and I think you and I might be on the same track and would like to compare notes, maybe go hunting together.

AeroMike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread