S.C. Temp?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably will be looking at some thunderstorms this afternoon too..Stay by the air conditioner..

OP
OP
Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
R/S Discovery(BH IV) cousin
Yep , SC-Hunter was correct. Had lightning & rain about 4:45_6:30 . Finally some relief. Might try some Cola. area parks 2morrow. Good luck with yours. D.D. p.s. How many active TN'er from S.C. ? Just a guess will do . Till next time. D.D.

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
I've always heard that the only thing that separated SC from H*ll in the summertime was screen door!

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

OP
OP
Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
To Rev. J, LOL I do believe that someone is leaving that screen door open to many times. Sure tired of looking down when Md'ing and dripping on the inside of my glasses. That's life in good old S.C. this time of the year. D.D.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaha...Dontcha just love those little drops of sweat beading up in your glasses..I think there are a few guys down in the summerville area that get on here from time to time. Also, one or 2 over in the Myrtle Beach area but don't think they are toooo active. Btw, I think I live on this site..lol

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Man, if I even think about going outside right now I will start to sweat! lol

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Wasn't too bad on the beach today. I went to the beach at low tide to hunt for about 2 hours. No gold, but there was a nice breeze and it was about 89 degrees. I could live with that.
I did find a Porsche. ;D
xXx

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xXx said:
Wasn't too bad on the beach today. I went to the beach at low tide to hunt for about 2 hours. No gold, but there was a nice breeze and it was about 89 degrees. I could live with that.
I did find a Porsche. ;D
xXx
Are you by chance a Deputy Sheriff down there???? I used to know a lot of the troopers over there but guess most have retired now. The one I'm thinking of is Henry Cumbie..Just wondering if you might know that Character? BTW, I'm heading down that way for a few days in August. Not sure of the exact dates yet and will keep checking on you to see if the finds pick up.

OP
OP
Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Hi all. Broke loose Fri. p.m. Hit a park in Cola. was about 89 .Then half way in to it I got into a nice sprinkle and waited it out under a pic shelter. Cool me down & I finished about 6:30. News said rain had dropped temp to low 70's! Wow I thought it felt good for a change. Less than a dollar but it what the hey. To AeroMike gotta stay in practice before cooler weather so you can hit it hard. Don't for get that gal. of h2o and the sweatband. To xXx ,Love those breezes and eyecandy at the beach! Stay cool all see ya & good luck. D.D.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
[/quote]
Are you by chance a Deputy Sheriff down there???? I used to know a lot of the troopers over there but guess most have retired now. The one I'm thinking of is Henry Cumbie..Just wondering if you might know that Character? BTW, I'm heading down that way for a few days in August. Not sure of the exact dates yet and will keep checking on you to see if the finds pick up.
[/quote]

SC Hunter,
I am a Sheriff's Deputy. I'm also the one putting on the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show here in Myrtle Beach on April 4th & 5th.
Make sure you let me know when your here and I'll hit the beach with ya.
That goes for everyone. When you want someone to hunt with give me a shout. I'm always up for a beach hunt, relic hunt, coin shooting in a park or looking for buried treasure.
xXx
David

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
I have to agree with the weather, can't wait for it to cool off. Now that I have the internet again I am on here pritty regularly. I'm from Florence.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back on Mobes...Will be looking for some posts of your finds in the near future. :coffee2:

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Ya I moved and didn't have the internet for awhile. It really sucked but now I have the internet and will be on here on a normal basis. It's very addicting and always interesting to see what everyone else is finding. I haven't gotten out much either with all the moving and everything. I just started the other day to detect my yard and nothing special yet. Just some clad and junk. Never no there may be some goodies out there.

OP
OP
Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Welcome & and stay cool. I've only been on T-Net since late June and and really enjoy being on such an informative site. I have seen about 12 others that seem active from S.C. Later. D.D.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD..I see you are from the Midlands. Take it ur from up around Columbia. I'm down here in Orangeburg. Talk about addictive, I think I stay on here. I'm recouping from open heart surgery so can't get out and do any detecting and it is about to drive me nuts. Maybe in a couple more weeks I will be able to start again. Might have to try and get together and do some hunting.

OP
OP
Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
SC Hunter I am about 30 miles n.w. of Cola. Hope you are doing well. About all you are missing is sweating & fighting the nats. Last week I MD'd during lite rain I was already wet but when the "bottom fell out" had to take shelter. Maybe it will be cooler when you're ready. Don't push it ,go when Doc says u r ready. Keep cool. D.D.

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Well hope ya get better soon so ya can get out of the house. Sure it's driving ya nuts I know it would kill me. I'd love to hook up some time and do a little hunting.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
xXx said:
SC Hunter,
I am a Sheriff's Deputy. I'm also the one putting on the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show here in Myrtle Beach on April 4th & 5th.
Make sure you let me know when your here and I'll hit the beach with ya.
That goes for everyone. When you want someone to hunt with give me a shout. I'm always up for a beach hunt, relic hunt, coin shooting in a park or looking for buried treasure.
xXx
David

Hey David,

Butch Holcombe mentioned the show to me...might try to get a table for it. Where can I get more information?

Greg
SCdigger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread