Summerville and shark teeth hunting - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Summerville and shark teeth hunting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2013
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey guys I just started hunting for shark teeth a couple of weeks ago here in Summerville. My first day me and my dad found 55 shark teeth at the first location we went to! Granted almost all of them were pretty small but I did manage to find a decent sized one that was fully intact. But I was wondering what kind of equipment you guys recommend and where to get it. The location we are going to is only about a foot deep of water and we are using cat pooper scoopers and plastic strainers that you strain pasta or Mac and cheese out.
    ShonaRich likes this.

Sep 2013
    1 times
    Holy crap just noticed the date of the last reply

Jul 2012
    Charleston, SC
    What's up guys and gals! I have been here in the area for about 6 years now and would love to go and see how it's done sometime if anyone is out! I have a kid that is obsessed with megalodon teeth...

TJ

Oct 2014
    1 times
    Fellow treasure hunters, I am a new member from Charlotte, NC area and very excited about this site.
    My son and I have many trips/ideas planned for fossil/shark teeth hunting the first of which is this coming up weekend to Summerville/Charleston area.
    Have spent a lot of time on the internet and not knowing the area the best that I can determine so far is Jeremy's inlet may offer something.
    I have also heard that there are spoil islands in Charleston area though that's all I know.
    Haven't been able to find any locations for Summerville and I haven't been there before.

If there is any information that could be shared about locations to search for teeth and fossils in the Summerville or Charleston it would be greatly appreciated, trying to find fossils for a young paleontologist to be.

Thanks
    Murph
    ShonaRich likes this.

Oct 2014
    1 times
    I just noticed how old this string was !!!

Hope to hear from you

us
    Jun 2016
    Aiken, SC
    Im wanting to hunt sharks teeth in Summerville SC any suggestions on where to hunt?

us
    Jun 2016
    Aiken, SC
    You still hunt in Summerville?

Jul 2017

Question Hi

Looking for great places to go shark teeth hunting as well

Quote Originally Posted by mleetaylor View Post
    hi shandi.... i can share a public area with you where you can find some sharks teeth if you like.

Sep 2017
    Looking for good creeks to hunt in Summerville, SC. Please contact me if you are interested in meeting up this weekend. 443-600-4387 text.

Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by valeriecoxx View Post
    Looking for good creeks to hunt in Summerville, SC. Please contact me if you are interested in meeting up this weekend. 443-600-4387 text.
    Hey everyone. I know this is an old thread but it's worth a shot. I'm from the top sail island area in North Carolina. Trying to branch out to other states on some fossil hunts soon. I'm planning a trip to the Chesapeake in Maryland and a few places in georgia. Stumbled across some YouTube videos about Summerville south Carolina and I must say that's gotta be on the trip. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some areas to go to look for shark teeth. I'd prefer places where digging is allowed. If anyone has any suggestions shoot me a text 8609676502. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links