Sioux Falls Parks Off Limits!!?

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex

goodie hunter

Jul 24, 2011
Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Strictly Garrett
deano said:
I heard a rumor or maybe it's true that the city of Sioux Falls is running detectorists out of their parks. While there is no ban on detecting they will not allow any digging, if you call what we do digging. What good is detecting if you can't recover your target!!
A 1" plug being removed and then replaced can hardly be called "digging" I don't think. If that rumor is true, sounds like there was some fool hardy MD's at work at one time and ruined it for the rest. Here in Rapid we have no problem with MD in the parks. I have run across several MD's in the parks when I am out. Good Luck to you. :dontknow:

BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Bounty Hunter Tracker IV; Minelab Gofind 60
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an email back from Sioux Falls Parks Dept., you can use a metal detector in any of the cities parks, however any item detected can only be retrieved as long as it can be done without digging.....sooooo, whats the point detecting if you can't retrieve it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an email back from Sioux Falls Parks Dept., you can use a metal detector in any of the cities parks, however any item detected can only be retrieved as long as it can be done without digging.....sooooo, whats the point detecting if you can't retrieve it?

Use a probe and screw driver... Locate target, probe till you locate target then take screwdriver wedge it in ground, bend it left and right creating a " v " wedge in ground over target, probe and remove target, pinch sod/ground back together. You have not done any digging...

This is my standard process when I hunt parks.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread