mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're here is SD - not far from Hot Springs.

My avatar has a picture of some old Fairburn pics. (ghost town)

Here is a couple more.

Attachments

• faiburn3.JPG
    faiburn3.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 789
  • fairburn1.JPG
    fairburn1.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 767
  • fairburn2.JPG
    fairburn2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 763
  • fairburn4.JPG
    fairburn4.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 752

kiwi44

Sep 15, 2005
Tea, SD here. New to this, but as part of my Mom's Day present, DH and I are hunting a lake later today. I use a Fisher 1212 DX-very entry-level I know, but should be good for starters. Hello to all fellow South Dakotans!

gosioux1

May 27, 2008
as a kid, I used to metal detect with my dad. and since I am getting married in a month I figured I better buy any toys that I have always wanted as soon as I can. I ended up ordering a White's XLT, it should be here later today. so if there is anyone from the Webster area. and really wants to help a novice out. here I am!!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am planning my summer vacation and we are planning on going to Mount Rushmore. So I am asking fellow detectists for some ideas on where to stay. I will be bringing a couple of detectors with me. My DFX and my Excal. So where is places where I can water detect and pan for gold and nuggert hunt at. Plus if there is anyone that would like to get together and do some of these things together I would appricate it. We are planing on a July vacation as of right now....Thanks for your help. Matt

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be in Hot Springs for several days the second week of july.
What opportunities to nugget shoot may there be?

HOOAHEXTREME

Apr 27, 2012
Rapid City, SD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought an AT Gold. Haven't used it yet because of daily rain and floods. I have seen a pic of three nice small nuggets found with a detector. I was told it was east of Keystone. Probably any creek beds are worth a shot. Especially ones with lower water flows since its rare that people sluice or pan those areas as much.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jeff-gordon: You're not going to have much luck around Hot Springs as far as prospecting goes, you're going to have to venture farther north around Custer and Hill City before you find any gold that might be worth your time. If I'm not mistaken, there might be fossils around the Hot Springs area though if that's something you're interested in.

HOOAHEXTREME: let us know if you find any nuggets with your new detector! Do you have a copy of the picture of the three nuggets found east of Keystone? I've only prospected there once and didn't have any luck on some little nameless creek I was at. I would like to give Battle Creek a try sometime.

Frew

Apr 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lennox, SD here

Hey, I'm from sioux falls. Me and my fiancee are both pretty new and have been metal detecting this last couple weeks. If you want any company or are in the area , let us know and we would like to join you or anyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread