Ebay Buyer beware

TNBob

Jan 30, 2008
Click here: 1715 Spanish Fleet Silver Cross Coin & 14K Gold Setting - eBay (item 260368291970 end time Mar-07-09 13:09:38 PST)

Somebody tell them that this is a fake coin.. Really disappoints me. Bob

Attachments

• Fakemexescudo.jpg
    Fakemexescudo.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 476
OP
OP
T

TNBob

Jan 30, 2008
Well, situation is clear now. I contacted the seller and she notified the bidders that it is a silver reproduction coin in jewelry. I seriously doubt anyone that knows cobs would bid on it, but the general buying public would not. Bob

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Often times sellers can 'cover' themselves, if so inclined, by saying stuff like "I don't know anything about coins" or "This coin was found on a beach by a friend and that's all I know about it" . They general public is their target with this type of thing, as they know knowledgeable coin collectors won't fall for it.

They also know that human nature wants to believe that it's old and genuine.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"I don't know anything about coins" or "This coin was found on a beach by a friend and that's all I know about it" should always be a dead give away

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...91970&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

This is what Im reading. church woman.jpg

We have received several rare pieces on consignment for auction from the family, and friends of a Catholic Cardinal who passed away in Rome last year. The winning bidders will be helping the Carmelite Convent Soup Kitchens in Peru.

We know the name of this beloved Cardinal, and will provide it to the winning bidder. No other information will be made available, except the following description below.

This ring was aquired in Key West, Florida several years ago, and it has a real 1715 Spanish Fleet Silver coin mounted in a 14K yellow gold setting. The USA ring size is 8, and it all weighs 4.9 grams.

Please look at all the pictures, as they are part of the description. Notice the front and back of the coin as well, as it was struck beautifully, and is an exceptionally well preserved specimen.

If for any reason you do not like it when it arrives home, it may be returned for a full refund. Please see out buyer comments and feedback score before bidding.

Church-Woman Antiques will be donating the cost of all listing fees, including domestic shipping and insurance.

INTERNATIONAL BUYERS READ! – International buyers are fully responsible for their own countries Customs tax; the tax is based on the insured value.

Blessings, and good luck bidding.
Berta
Founder
Church-Woman Antiques
Good luck bidding.

That is one funny looking cob. Im a bit surprised she would risk her 100% buyer feedback rating that she would list a reproduction as real. She does give full refund. I wonder is she refunds shipping both ways, insurance, and customs as well?

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
I have followed the seller a lot. She occasionally has some neat stuff. If what she is selling is a repro I would guess that she doesn't know any better. From the year or two I have followed her sales I believe her to be a reputable seller. She doesn't specialize in coins, I know that.

Stan

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
She must be very reputable with the 100% positive feedback. Its very hard to keep a perfect record with so many sales. She has 10,4921 sales! I would hate to see her put a negative on her up til now perfect customer satisfaction record. But Im sure she will do the right thing. http://myworld.ebay.com/church-woman/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread