Newbie; needing help identifying

OP
OP
N

Nickcaragwa

Greenie
Mar 29, 2009
Stan these were the only Cobs, all of the other coins are machine made silver coins dated 1800-1900 and are from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, with a few exceptions.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is the cob from the far top right. The pic is blurry but isnt there something missing in the circled area??

Attachments

• spanish cob honduras paint.JPG
    spanish cob honduras paint.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 299

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
bigcypresshunter said:
Here is the cob from the far top right. The pic is blurry but isnt there something missing in the circled area??

I don't see that picture in Nick's post from yesterday. Are you looking at something else or am I really getting that blind? :-\

Stan

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DiveWrecks said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I don't see that picture in Nick's post from yesterday. Are you looking at something else or am I really getting that blind? :-\

Stan
His picture is too large for your screen to see it in its entirety but you can move the line on the bottom. There are 12 cobs in the picture. It is the cob in the far upper right.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
IE cuts the edge of the picture off entirely on my computer. I have to save it and then look at it in an image viewer. Hopefully, if we have not run Nick off he will post macro pics of each coin for better evaluation.

Stan

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DiveWrecks said:
IE cuts the edge of the picture off entirely on my computer. I have to save it and then look at it in an image viewer. Hopefully, if we have not run Nick off he will post macro pics of each coin for better evaluation.

Stan
You need to move the line under his picture. There should also be another line below that at the bottom of your screen.

I dont think we will run him off. Nic wants our honest opinion. But like someone said, no two cobs are exactly alike.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DiveWrecks said:
BigCypress, for your database....

http://www.coinsofourpast.com/coinpages/colonialcoinpage.html

It would be nice if you set up a web page with all your repro pics. :)

Stan
That may be something for the future. Right now I am just collecting pictures and some actual replicas. I dont have permission to use all the pics I have collected. If someone is looking for authentication and I find a match in my files, I will post it.

Thanks for the link. Maybe Ill purchase these cobs ( if they are cheap enough) for future comparison. :icon_thumright:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
DiveWrecks said:
BigCypress, for your database....

http://www.coinsofourpast.com/coinpages/colonialcoinpage.html

It would be nice if you set up a web page with all your repro pics. :)

Stan
That may be something for the future. Right now I am just collecting pictures and some actual replicas. I dont have permission to use all the pics I have collected. If someone is looking for authentication and I find a match in my files, I will post it.

Thanks for the link. Maybe Ill purchase these cobs ( if they are cheap enough) for future comparison. :icon_thumright:

I have a replica for your collection. Remind me if I forget to send you a photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread