what do you think ?

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
If you can find the authentication number from Mel Fisher you can find out if it is real or not, It looks like some one is in a huge bind to be selling it that cheap.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
The Zero feed back would make me worry alittle about it.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If the seller is telling the truth, they way overpaid when they purchased the coin.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending who you are) in these tough economic times, people are selling off personal possessions at deep discounts.

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
It seems a little sketchy. 29k to buy a 1712 8 E is way out of the range. The sell price they have for it is about 50% to 60% of the price range currently, and that doesn't include the gold in the bezel. There is a huge disparity in the prices. And though they bought it for a lot, it seems like they know it would be a very good deal at the price they have set.

I've seen them with more proof of providence and a better look in the 5k to 6k range before. The 0 feedback seems like kind of a joke. I wouldn't bite at this myself.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Another clue is in the return policy the seller posted: "no returns accepted"

Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread