Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to a couple of guys in the Turtle Trail parking lot yesterday afternoon on the Treasure Coast, I noticed that someone had dumped a small pile of metal detecting finds by the side of vehicle. There was a small blackend object laying next to a couple of bottle caps, crusty pennies and fishing hooks so I picked it up. I told the guys I was talking to that it could be a silver reale and took it home.
This morning I rubbed the mystery black object with wet aluminum foil, the tell tale sulphur smell and heat produced told me the find was silver. It could possibly be a worn silver reale or a piece of silver plate thrown away by someone who likes to litter and does not know what Spanish silver looks like after spending 300 years in the ocean.

Attachments

• DSCF0578.jpg
    DSCF0578.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF0564.jpg
    DSCF0564.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 226

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One mans trash is another mans treasure! Just think, if he would have dumped his trash where he should have, you would have one less treasure! That is why I NEVER dump my trash, always take it home, and inspect it there; even rust encased objects, that im pretty sure I know what it is, I still break them open to double check.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice save. Next stop would have been the sanitary landfill and gone forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread