NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi NJ the cobs are all copper and of different sizes.most of them are in the solid penny range and tone while some of the bigger ones are in the quarter range and tone.hope this helps.

Thanks a million

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang dude! My grands live in titusville, maybe i could come over sometime ;) 16 cobs!! That is the coolest thing ever!! My goal is to find only one in the next few years!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, that said... I honestly don't know much about the circulation of the maravedis copper coinage in the Spanish colonies (incl. Florida and California/what we won in the Mex. War).
For the Latin American, Canadian and other members and readers worldwide, I would like to point out that the Universities in Mexico refer to this incident as the "1847 United States invasion of Mexico" LOL just saying......

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dimeinator

Dec 22, 2009
mich summer fl winter
Detector(s) used
fisher f-4 bounty hunter tracker IV garrett AT PRO
still hunting new finds

hi all i'm still hunting and finding cobs of and on.i had a good hunt a few days ago after some big storms and wind and waves moved some sand for me.i have'nt been posting every single find because some are in such rough shape they are not very interesting.these last 3 i found are pretty cool they are all about the size of a quarter or bigger.the one round flat one i thought was a flattened quarter from a railroad track untill i fliped it over and saw the VII.it is bigger than a quarter but thinner and solid copper.it rang up a solid 81 on my AT pro.so far i have found a total of 22 of these copper cobs.i am still hunting untill late may.i will give a final up-date if i find anymore.

Attachments

• SANY4583.JPG
    SANY4583.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 143
  • SANY4584.JPG
    SANY4584.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 142
  • SANY4586.JPG
    SANY4586.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 132
  • SANY4587.JPG
    SANY4587.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 153
  • SANY4588.JPG
    SANY4588.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
D

dimeinator

Dec 22, 2009
mich summer fl winter
Detector(s) used
fisher f-4 bounty hunter tracker IV garrett AT PRO
last hunt final total

last hunt today,no luck 1 dime 3 pennies and 5 bottle caps.the final total for this winter season is 22 copper cobs.thanks for looking.being a snowbird it's time to head back north to michigan for the summer for some park and freshwater lake hunting.HH dimeinator

Attachments

• SANY4618.JPG
    SANY4618.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 137
  • SANY4619.JPG
    SANY4619.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 133

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Unbelieavble! So... You wanna pm me the place for whenever im there for a day or two in the summer? :) if it helps, all ive got is a F2 :) again, awesome haul total!!!!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello dimeinator. The beaches from Clearwater to St. Pete Beach were renourished a few years ago. They pumped sand in from offshore. That could be the source. In 1970 they were dredging Blind Pass and the dredge pumped gold coins on Sunset Beach. It was reported in the paper and caused a stampede of metal detectorists to the area. A good friend of mine found dozens of 8 reale coins on Treasure Island Beach right across from the Thunderbird Motel. This was back in the 80's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions