27 copper cobs (1653) found in phoenix

JayHeff

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 27 of these copper cobs in the desert near phoenix dated 1653.along with 12 colonial buttons.they were all in wash near a natural water hole in the bedrock..the larger one in the top left of the photo is dated 1870.Im thinking of contacting the director of a local museum here in phoenix but dont know if that would be wise
DSCN0337.JPG DSCN0336.JPG DSCN0338.JPG

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No point in contacting anyone as there's nothing significant enough about coins that were lost in more recent times.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1715 fleet half reales.jpg

JayHeff,
Nice copper finds...any interest in trading that rectangular copper one for a 1715 Fleet Mexico half real?
Let me know,
Trez

OP
OP
J

JayHeff

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are coins dated 1653 found in the desert "recent times"..im not sure what u mean

OP
OP
J

JayHeff

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have captured the look on my face when I pulled that rectangualr one out of the sand with my kitty litter scoop,it's just to precious to me,but thank you for the offer,i appreciate it

HistoryH22

Feb 29, 2016
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of those are in really nice shape. That rectangular one is very interesting looking.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad to see you posted a thread on these.
Wd.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have captured the look on my face when I pulled that rectangualr one out of the sand with my kitty litter scoop,it's just to precious to me,but thank you for the offer,i appreciate it
Very Nice Jeff . you can see the Spanish coat of arms on the Rectangle one . Never seen anything like that
Love to know the history , maybe Trez can give some information about it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread