More coins from Spain, more trouble ....!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Problems, for sure.
Are these finds now destined to "el museo de la na" or will they be returned to the property owner--after the trial of those who failed to reveal the find to the authorities?
Don.....

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, on cultural heritage embargoed much to talk about.
For Pep Beltran, Palma de Mallorca. Pep was one of the pioneers of diving in Spain. He compiled since 1950, an incredible heritage of Phoenician, Roman, Greek, etc.
Around 1992, he reached an agreement to sell part of this heritage for about 2 million dollar. He loaded everything into two trailer trucks (say, two trailer truks) and sends to La Linea, near Gibraltar in the estate of the buyer. This only paid an advance and never paid off the entire amount.
Later, the police takes all and is deposited in a museum of Cadiz.
Someone can tell me where it's all embargoed? I had in my possession the complete list drawn up by the competent body. Pep died in 1998 without being able to recover the assets and left more hidden on the island of Mallorca.
Pep had the largest collection of Punic currencies.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problems, for sure.
Are these finds now destined to "el museo de la na" or will they be returned to the property owner--after the trial of those who failed to reveal the find to the authorities?
Don.....

Another interesting case. "El Fofi", another old diver from San Fernando (Cadiz). A good day decides he wants to make a museum with everything he had achieved from cultural heritage diving for many years, and prior to the Heritage Act (1985). It addresses a known archeologist and proposes a museum in San Fernando. Archaeologist opposes. It has to be in Cadiz !! Fofi says no !!
A few days later, someone knocks on the door of his house. Police!
All seized.
Follows a trial of years. Fofi learns that the archeologist is "selling" part of Seized assets. But it had been a long time, and nothing could be done.
These are the stories of some Seized assets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions