Looking for info on 10 cobs my father got in Venezuela in 1947

MicanopyMike

Jul 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello--

I have 10 silver cobs my father got in Venezuela in 1947 and would like to see what I can learn about them.
I just registered with this TreasureNet and have NO IDEA how to post photos of them. I have some info on
where they were found. As a child I remember seeing my parents with a large cup-full of these coins but Mother
had given all but these last ten away over the years. My father was a geology/mining engineer in S. America from
1942 to 1961 and spent a year or two near the confluence of the Caroni and Orinoco Rivers where a large quantity
of these coins were found.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet!
To post pics, take the pics, then on your post, go to manage attachments, then upload the pic, then you can attach them,...
Also, go to the help form, there is a thread that better explains uploading pics...
As for the cobs, I got no clue, but plenty of guys on here are pros with those....

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
Looking forward to the pics, keep pics under 2 megs.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When creating a post, to add images, click here
KePA28B.jpg

Add the image either from your computer or from the URL of where the online image is located.

Osifq9O.jpg

If they are too large, use a 3rd party site such as imgur to upload, the copy the BBC Code with the URL option.

(from IMGUR)

TdtX0eB.jpg

paste imgur url here

KFQInZq.jpg

Look forward to seeing the images.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread