Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Coin?..Junk?! What is this

Going through my finds from a couple weeks ago and came across this little thing. I have no idea if its junk or if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Found it on the Treasure Coast, it's not magnetic and the weight is 3 Grams. Almost threw it in the junk bucket but I can't tell if its just scratched or if there is something in the top right. Could just be a fishing spoon teasing me but I rather ask before tossing it into the bucket of no return.

IMG_5096.jpg
IMG_5095.jpg
IMG_5105.JPG
IMG_5107.JPG
IMG_5109.JPG
IMG_5114.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dechert360

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
This is the area that keeps me from throwing it in the junk bin with the rest of the spoon lures.
And sorry if the pic size doesn't come out right...trying this for the first time.

IMG_5096.JPG

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i'm stupified ? what is it you're really asking ? of what purpose could it be scrap metal ? magnetic possibly ? not.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have posted in this forum with hopes you have found something of a "cob" nature...

Although you have a shape similar to a cob...

You have found nothing more than IMO a piece of crusty tin / metal.

OP
OP
Dechert360

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
You have posted in this forum with hopes you have found something of a "cob" nature...

Although you have a shape similar to a cob...

You have found nothing more than IMO a piece of crusty tin / metal.

Thank you, that is all I wanted to know before it spent the rest of its days in my “iron/junk” bucket. I do all my searching on the treasure coast looking for a Reale so my mind got a little carried away with me with this one. I’ll crawl back to my hole now until I find something better.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Soak it in lemon juice for a few hours, rinse wit water and see if any details show up. It has the appearance of a piece of lead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread