Ever Seen A Painted Tic Tac Toe Cob?

NicaJake

Feb 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Another cob offered to me in Nicaragua. Easy enough to identify, but I don't like the apparent paint on it. If it is paint, it looks very old. Have you seen something like this before? 120200321_110337.jpg 1l20200321_110706.jpg

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm not convinced that it is paint. Looks like a land find. It is either iron corrosion due to the environment it was found or heavily caked on soil that was never properly cleaned. With the recent scratches in the metal, it looks like an amateur effort to pick away the material. Either a muriatic acid bath or some electrolysis should clean it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NicaJake

Feb 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not convinced that it is paint. Looks like a land find. It is either iron corrosion due to the environment it was found or heavily caked on soil that was never properly cleaned. With the recent scratches in the metal, it looks like an amateur effort to pick away the material. Either a muriatic acid bath or some electrolysis should clean it up.

Well, maybe if I am ever allowed to travel again I can get it on the cheap.... Thanks for having a look!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions