Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no red flags on that one. Just double check the paperwork and all should be A-OK.

OP
OP
B

BestAntiquities

Jul 29, 2008
Iron Patch said:
I see no red flags on that one. Just double check the paperwork and all should be A-OK.

Thanks Iron! How would you check the certificate? It mentions being registered on the official site but I can't find it there. I wrote to the sales department at the Mel Fisher site and got no reply (I wasn't surprised either ;D).

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BestAntiquities said:
Iron Patch said:

Thanks Iron! How would you check the certificate? It mentions being registered on the official site but I can't find it there. I wrote to the sales department at the Mel Fisher site and got no reply (I wasn't surprised either ;D).

Not sure, someone else might be able to help. The seller does look very legit.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That appears to be the exact coin in teh paperwork......go over that paperwork.....if all is the same....i say legit

OP
OP
B

BestAntiquities

Jul 29, 2008
Well I guess this settles it for this forum. Everyone who has read this seems to be agreed it's probably genuine. I was just wondering if the dealer had a name for good or otherwise. Thanks Iron Patch & alpha105 :thumbsup:
PM

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you enlarge the document and coin for finer detail?

OP
OP
B

BestAntiquities

Jul 29, 2008
alpha105 said:
Could you enlarge the document and coin for finer detail?

Hi,

I will when I receive everything. These are just the ebay pictures. I should have the whole deal by next Monday.
PM

TNBob

Jan 30, 2008
Hi: I have a few Atocha dated coins and with that certificate it looks authentic. One thing to keep in mind is that Fishers group heavily cleaned the coins and polished many for jewelry. The certificate looks genuine and I have seen alot of different Fisher certificates. The holograms are the newest ones.
Bob

OP
OP
B

BestAntiquities

Jul 29, 2008
TNBob said:
Hi: I have a few Atocha dated coins and with that certificate it looks authentic. One thing to keep in mind is that Fishers group heavily cleaned the coins and polished many for jewelry. The certificate looks genuine and I have seen alot of different Fisher certificates. The holograms are the newest ones.
Bob

Thanks Bob.

I'm now pretty sure it's genuine. Actually I was before due to the sellers giant positive feedback. Some very big people in coins buy from him so he must be okay.

I just wanted a piece of that treasure to hold. I've watched the videos so many times I almost feel like I was one of the original dive team ;D

PM

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BestAntiquities said:
TNBob said:
Bob

Thanks Bob.

I'm now pretty sure it's genuine. Actually I was before due to the sellers giant positive feedback. Some very big people in coins buy from him so he must be okay.

I just wanted a piece of that treasure to hold. I've watched the videos so many times I almost feel like I was one of the original dive team ;D

PM

I know that feeling....someday im hoping to get one as well. Even more-so to find one =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread