Cobs and such..... Authenticity check.

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
Hey T-Netters, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off with either of these coins which I purchased a while ago, the one on the top I payed 80 bucks for, I'm pretty sure it's authentic, but not 100%. The date on it is 1714, so I was thinking possible shipwreck coin? Sure looks like others I've seen off the fleet. The second coin is an Atocha cob which I bought for 200, I have the certificate somewhere but I didn't feel like tearing my room apart to find it. Please, if you would, give me an authenticity check on them and I guess a value, just to make sure I didn't get ripped off. Thanks in advance,

- Ted

Attachments

• cob roflobverse.jpg
    cob roflobverse.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 577
  • Cob roflreverse.jpg
    Cob roflreverse.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 578
  • Atocha Roflobverse.jpg
    Atocha Roflobverse.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 562
  • Atocha Roflreverse.jpg
    Atocha Roflreverse.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 567

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats the description / info on the tag that the atocha coin pouch holds (I can see a bit of the tag in your photo
I also have several of said coins but better grade

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The pictures are kinda dark ted, but I dont see anything that jumps out saying that they are not real.
What do they weigh in grams?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wish we had better pics. The best lighting is to take the picture outside in sunlight. :icon_sunny: If you must inside, halogen is best, flash off. The pics are good but crappy lighting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread