Questions about "After Market Covers"

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
So I'm new to the V3i not new to detecting. My question: I've seen a few video's out there of V3i user's with some box pouch cover for the unit. White's does not sell this, neither do most internet places I've checked. Anyone have any ideas? I'm told to just use electrical tape to cover the speaker holes, is there no after market items for this?
(I've seen the face covers but no box covers)
Thanks
Opie

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Thesaurus are the best I've seen and use a round white's sticker to cover the speaker holes. HH

OP
OP
O

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the info Wingmaster!! much appreciated !!

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received a set that I bought on ebay from the Ukraine. I am very pleased with what I got. It was a 3 piece set. One for the control box, one for the handgrip and one for the screen. They were all Velcro fasteners also. Like I said, well pleased.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a seller on FeeBay last year that made them here in the USA. I bought the black colored material for both my DFX and V3i, fantastic product (control box, screen and hand grip were included).

GL & HH

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll second the Thesaurus recommendation, it's what I've been using for a number of years. That said, they can be a bit pricey, particularly depending upon the make of the detector your getting it for and once you factor in the shipping costs. As an example it's roughly $64.00 U.S. for a Whites V3i

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are the best made though, you might pay for them but they are the best made I've seen. HH

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought the ones from England live the box cover but the one for the screen sucks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread