Just asking dfx compared to whites v3i electronics

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I no dfx is what 20 plus years older but electronic wise, freq has 2 for example, but considering the prices, well I guess dfx was expensive to when new but it seems to work very good, no extensive breakdown take forever but, how much more can they improve models, display etc, they still only go so deep, but if they didn’t make new models then business wouldn’t be good ok give me your opinion, thanks fellas.

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a DFX forever and a V3i a couple years. The V3i's analytical features (i.e. sizing, phase, etc.) is a key difference. The display is also nicer. When in an area where other detectors are operating, having the ability to offset the frequency can reduce interference.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
V3i can go deeper and more places because of all the different features. I upgraded from the DFX and like the V3i a lot more. It will give you a lot more target information to work with and runs 3 frequencies at once. But also takes time to learn all the functions. If you happy and still finding things with your DFX then stay with it. If you upgrade hang on to your DFX for a while until you learn the V, I had to start out slow learning it. When I got frustrated would go back to my other machine to relax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread