V3 I exterior-speaker??

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
I just bought a v31. I have been using a whites eagle SL 90 for the last 30 years. I tried a DFX for a while but it was just to complicated. For this 61 year old man. So I thought I would try the V3l. Bad idea! It is 100 times more complicated then the DFX. Anyways’ I can’t figure out how to turn on the external speaker. Any help would be appreciated.

Catfish jim

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I just bought a v31. I have been using a whites eagle SL 90 for the last 30 years. I tried a DFX for a while but it was just to complicated. For this 61 year old man. So I thought I would try the V3l. Bad idea! It is 100 times more complicated then the DFX. Anyways’ I can’t figure out how to turn on the external speaker. Any help would be appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It may be a quickest fix, and an actually the best anyway, if this is a used V3i. Do a hard reset back to factory. Just be sure to the warning about not selecting "calibration", step 4.

As far as the V3i being 100 times more difficult? It can be, especially if you do several changes at once. I've used a V3i since 2010 and have had unstable operation from going nuts in the settings. Just use the factory programs for a while.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you for your help ! I did the hard reset. I still can’t get the X ternal speaker working.Any other ideas out there?
thank you for any help

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
My tenured V3i recently began not turning on but did show brightness on the screen. It did revive a couple of times and worked and then was down and out. I eventually opened up the control box and found a plug not seated down well. Maybe yours has a loose speaker connection. I have no clue how mine got intermittent but I was delighted to get it back working. Was your V shipped from a seller?

You did do the Master Reset and don't have the wireless HPs turned on?

Another question. Does the V make an audible tone at all through the internal speaker when you start it?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread