MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Re: Figured I'd be the first...

Armymusician said:
Just figured since I am so new to the site, I would be the first to post in this section. I will start this off by simply saying....I have been in a cave. ;D
Welcome! I too have been in a cave, but up until now I have not had a reason to come forward and admit it. Thanks for breaking the ice! :wink:

I have only been in three caves. One in Texas way back in the olden days, and two more recently in WV. The two in WV are Smoke Hole Cavern and Seneca Cavern. Nice little caves!

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x

I have only been at the entrance of a cave. >:( I was 5 years old with my family on a trip to Camp Philmont, a boy scout camp in New Mexico.. had fallen asleep on the car ride to the cave.. My dad decided that he would stay in the car with me so I could finish my nap.. For some unexplainable reason, he thought that was a good idea at the time :dontknow: He has paid for this dearly. I cried :'( until the rest of my family came out and half way home to Michigan. I have tried to remind him about that trip about once a year for the last 40 years :laughing7:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

I use to hang out in the caves when I was younger. Now my fave cave is gone, with I-55 where it use to be.now that I am older, I am a lot more hesitant to explore them. Mo has lots of caves, specially in Perry county. we had a skating rink in a cave when I was a kid. always nice & cool, even if it was 100 out. When caving, please remember to let people know where you are going, & when to expect you back. It is fun, but dangerous! (the mamabear in me never quits!)

papajos

Feb 11, 2009

Now I don't recommend this but....have been in many abandoned mines in the western states. Mostly old gold mines in the Az. desert mountains. Most have signs posted to keep people out, I have a couple hanging in my bedroom ;D

Just found out about some caves in one of my hiking areas. Will explore those soon. :icon_pirat:

Swims with Beaver

May 19, 2010
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
" 4 Eyes "

I've been in more caves in the past 2 weeks than I have my entire life. A friend and I have recently started looking for arrowheads and have been finding alot of cave systems on the Ohio and Hocking Rivers. He's got a few pics, we'll post them soon.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

TooBooKoo said:
I've been in more caves in the past 2 weeks than I have my entire life. A friend and I have recently started looking for arrowheads and have been finding alot of cave systems on the Ohio and Hocking Rivers. He's got a few pics, we'll post them soon.
Like your avatar . You pick a banjer ?

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II

Hi Folks, Anyone do cave diving?

Martimus Rex

Dec 11, 2009
IL / MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI SE 3

I have been wanting to get into cave diving for years. just never seem to find the time.

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II

Martimus Rex said:
I have been wanting to get into cave diving for years. just never seem to find the time.

I really enjoy the technical challenge; however, the pristine environments, fossils, and the occasional trash rooms are a major bonus for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread