A cave in Belize

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Here is a pic of one the caves I was in in Belize. This pic was taken paddling out of the cave. You followed a river into the cave was a fantastic experince.

barton.jpg

Daryl Friesen
www.spindlequest.com

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It truly is a small world. I have been to Belize, in fact in San Ignacio and Benki veho! Took a canoe trip up river to the amazing jungle doctor’s place! Got to hold a boa and saw a butterfly farm! The lady had a small, maybe 3 acre place where all the trees and plants used for medicine were labeled and it told what they were used for. Some for headache, some for PMS, some for fever, ect. Cool! i was there building a Church of the Nazarene Grade School. Was there in 1993, even went out to San Pedro Kay! Loved the place and the people! Went to Guatemala too, was there in 1988. After arriving in G City went to near Shalom and helped build a Church of the Nazarene there. These people really depend on the Lord, and walk 5 miles thru the jungle trails to get to church, and then go back after dark!

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Belize is an awesome little country for caving. One of the most beautiful caves Belize has to offer is called the ATM cave(Actun Tunichil Muknal). I went on a small tour to this cave and it was about 3 miles deep. Some of the areas were quite huge, and if I had to guess upwards of 100 feet high. Just getting to this cave is an adventure in its own way, requiring a long 4 wheel drive, then a nice jungle hike for a few miles and then to top it off, just getting inside the cave requires a swim of about 100 feet, with the water being fairly deep. You will be traveling along, and often in this underground river all the way to the end. Mayan pottery is everywhere, and a special, somewhat morbid surprise at the very end, that I won't reveal. Some other caves are the cave tubing trip down the Cave's Branch River(very relaxing), Barton's Cave as well as some others. I also did a rappel down a very, very, very high cliff into a sinkhole. At the bottom of the sinkhole is a huge cave entrance. As I was rappelling, it started raining cats and dogs, and made it even more intense. Anyways, i highly recommend Belize for any thrill-seekers out there. Fun trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread