Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please always have a back up plan and make sure you have highly qualified people with you.
Have back up rope equal to your climb and never ever get on another persons rope until they are clear. It is a very difficult to transition from descending to accention half way down. When doing pits and waterfalls make sure you are dressed to handle the temperatures. A heavy waterfall can blind you so know your gear. You stop moving or get something hung in your gear and it could spell disaster.
I was always fortunate enough to climb and spelunk with world class world record holders. Go with experts.. I quit climbing because I ended up leading expeditions of newbies wanting the thrill. It takes one mistake from having a fun day to possibly the worst day of your life.
This cave was one of many many we did living in the cave belt of the South.
Have fun and be safe !

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/says-998546-students-ashburn.html

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
^^^^^^ Amen. It's one thing to be able to rappel, climb, etc in the daytime during the warm, summer months. Enter into a cave and immediately it turns into a night-time (actually darker than night-time) climb & rappel in the early spring/late fall/and even winter. I also say climb & rappel because if you have to do one, you will more than likely (a 99% chance) have to do the other to get out. If you get stuck, injured, etc. it becomes even more troublesome because to haul your butt out of a cave through all the tight spots, ledges, holes, etc. we have to take in consideration the ecosystem/fauna/makeup of the cave and not damage it so it becomes even more technical. I like caving and have been a few times. I've trained in rope rescue for 15 years, been rappelling and climbing since I was 16 (I'm 37 now). And I still do not feel comfortable enough to go caving without some EXPERIENCED and KNOWLEDGEABLE CAVERS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread