austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey. before you have me banned for life, listen up. All along your western border there are caves, many remote and unexplored. I am not sure about treasure tales, but I would imagine that those caves have been used, visited and some occupied for thousands of years. I know you have an interest in caches and you may actually find one. The Vikings could and probably did visit your entire state and the Appalacian Trail runs right through there. There have to be great artifacts to find. I grew up in central Texas exploring caves in my hippy days and I have been in your state on part of the App. Trail. If you decide to go please take someone with you. It is still very rugged in places. Good luck on your quest and remember, anything can be hidden in the caves. Stolen goods, things taken by Indians and stored, travelers along the trail that didn't make it, Trail bandit's caches, well anything. Most people hike the trail and that's it. You will have to get out in the forest and look. Caves are at the bottom of hills, sides of hills, tops of hills. Follow the game trails, not the people trails and once again, best wishes.

OP
OP
C

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am only interesting in searching for caves and bury treasures in Connecticut, If you have any good leads please sent them: [email protected]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I Prefer to share with everyone rather then send via emails,
this way all members get a chance 8-)

Bank Robbery and Lost Treasure in Winsted Connecticut

describes a bank robbery that occurred in Winsted, Connecticut in November 1861. The robbers made a clean get-away but from stories told by one of the alleged robbers who died in prison they buried some of the loot west of Winsted, and they never recovered any of it when they all died in prison.For several days before the robbery some strange men were seen at the site of a cave later renamed “RobbersCave” on the road leading toTorrington. The cave itself is located on the cliffs behind the former Emission Test Center that was formed by a tumulus of boulders at the bottom of the cliff.

Bank Robbery and Lost Treasure in Winsted Connecticut

GOOGLE Connecticut Treasure Caves you may find more.

Or research in reverse:

find the names & location of the caves, then google that info & see if there are any
stories (legends) linked to them

http://www.caves.org/grotto/ccg/faq.htm

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am only interesting in searching for caves and bury treasures in Connecticut, If you have any good leads please sent them: [email protected]

Hmmmm.. last I heard, The Great State of Connecticut taxed all the good ones out of existence & closed the rest for not paying back taxes......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pittston Gazette (Pittston, Pennsylvania) 21 Nov 1861, Thu

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php