Old well?

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on 3 acres of wooded land in a rural part of Florida. On my property, not too far away from the well house I found a concrete slab with small rebar handles on top of a hole edged by concrete.

I lifted the slab just enough to see that there was a hole under the slab, and I put everything back.

As best as I can figure out, my home is the only one built on the property, and that was 1987.

I doubt that it would be a dry well since this is Florida and the well I get my water from is very close, so one well being dry with the other being near doesn't seem to be likely.

Would there be any records I could look up that would list an old well, if it were one?

If it's not an old well, what else could it be?

My septic is on the other side of the property, and I don't think there are access points for any underground utilities. I've had all my utilities located and marked and they are about 30ft away and are just phone and electric lines from the pole to the house.

I'm curious as to what this hole could be. Obviously the lid and lip are modern concrete.

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say cistern also. It is probably from an old home sight and a good place to detect also could have been as a trash pit in its later years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread