Cave formation

denverbpierce

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a cave in eastern arkansas that it seems no one has ever explored. Looks to be a lava tunnel coming out of the mountain. I've crawled in about 15 feet but that's it. It turns to the left , gets a little smaller, and turns down. I had a rc truck with camera but the rock kept the signal from working far. I am now working on a robot built to explore deeper which will include a light, camera and wired control so as to not lose signal. I have a couple of questions.
1.) What are lava tunnel characteristics? I didnt know if maybe it was caused by something else (water?).
2.) What does a typical lava tunnel do? This is kind of a question of if the readers think it's worth my time exploring.
Thank ya'll for your help!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, caves can be dangerous. From what I read, you have mainly limestone caves, eroded out by water, with the stalactites and stalagmites. But there's also been volcanic activity in the state, going way back. So, is your cave limestone, or lava? Can you post a pic? That would be helpful.

OP
OP
D

denverbpierce

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I still had one. I no longer have the account that I had my pictures and videos of the cave on. I know it's a long shot until i go back for more.

OP
OP
D

denverbpierce

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An it it quite cylindrical in shape. I do not see any other formations in the cave either. It is actually quite dry, although I'm sure this could have changed over many years of the caves existence.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see a video of. it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread