Do I need to protect this one

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello, Have read in this area post that American Stamps in general have little value except for larger amounts and a few rare ones. I know next to nothing about this topic but while doing research trying to find a street name that no longer exists I remembered that I had a deed to one of the pieces of property that the city took away from my parents. Found what I was looking for but this stamp was on the deed and would like to know is this just a run of the mill common stamp or do I need to protect it. If you have any idea of a value would you let me know so I can put a note with it for information.

Thanks Jim

Attachments

• one dollar ten cent stamp.jpg
    one dollar ten cent stamp.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 557

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimmyT said:
Hello, Have read in this area post that American Stamps in general have little value except for larger amounts and a few rare ones. I know next to nothing about this topic but while doing research trying to find a street name that no longer exists I remembered that I had a deed to one of the pieces of property that the city took away from my parents. Found what I was looking for but this stamp was on the deed and would like to know is this just a run of the mill common stamp or do I need to protect it. If you have any idea of a value would you let me know so I can put a note with it for information.

Thanks Jim
Although NOT the same it is all i can find at this time...This is from SCOTT specialized catalouge of U.S.Stamps(Revenues)"back of the book" stamps,revenues WIDELY vary in price.there are usually low value but on documents the can be VERY valuble.gotta go to work i'll try&pin-point your stamp later :icon_study:

Attachments

• 2 1427.jpg
    2 1427.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 556

Silver Eagle

Apr 14, 2009
It looks like this stamp is over printed in black - series 1952.. If it is the 1952 series it should be placed in a show gaurd as the value is 25.00.. The appropriate number is Scott #R600..
If its series 1953 the value is only 2.50, but still collectable.! I would leave it on the cover either way.

Silver Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread