Pictures of some of my stamp collection.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I am a collector of what I believe are all of the collectibles. Lots of people have large collections of clowns, or farming equipment, or guns. While I believe these are all collectible items, I also believe that the root of collecting consists of some very basic items. These items include sports cards, coins and stamps. I collect other things as well, and I may be leaving one or two things out, but I believe past these few items, there is somewhat of a stretch of the imagination involved to consider ones hobby as a legitimate one. I'm just stating the facts as I see them.
In my spare time, I am working on a collection of all of the US comemmorative stamps that is mostly complete. I also have about 20% of all USSR comemmoratives in an album.
Here are some of the stamps I don't have an album for. I am trying to complete some of the groups.
Enjoy the pictures.
alright,
later,

Attachments

• stamps 1.jpg
    stamps 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 401
  • stamps 2.jpg
    stamps 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 399
  • stamps 3.jpg
    stamps 3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 401
  • stamps 4.jpg
    stamps 4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 396
OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
All of the stamps pictured are in between Scott #206 and Scott #622, with a Scott # 65 in one of the pictures. I believe the 206 is from 1880 something. The blue indian is my favorite so far. It is a very pretty shade of blue and has an indian on it, which was pretty uncommon at the time it was made. I have 3 of them and I am working on completing a collection of all of the stamps from that series. Another of my favorite sets is partially shown at the bottom of the first picture. They are from the very nice looking series of 1902-1903. I wish I could afford all of them in mint condition, but the higher denominations get up to a value of $750.00 in used condition. I could probably find them a little cheaper than that, but because they are so expensive, I am collecting the used variety so they will all be the same. At least that is what I am telling myself. There are also some Columbians on the first page that were released at the same time as the Columbian comemmorative half dollar in 1893.

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
The third picture has some 2 cent reds that I think are neat to collect, and a partially complete set of the washington bicentennial comemmoratives from 1932.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for a folder for some loose stamps I have around the house. Any suggestions and a link for a decent cheap folder for around $30?

Silver Eagle

Apr 14, 2009
As an alternative to a regular stamp album, you may also consider a commen stock album..
They work really well to store extra's, but can also be used for sets if you wish.. I think this one cost me 12.00 at the hobby lobby..

Picture081.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread