• PCard.jpg
    PCard.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 573

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an error to me, but unsure of value. I collected very few postal cards or stamped envelopes. You might get an idea of value by checking Feebay.
Scott

OP
OP
Stickmarsh

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
I shared the postcard with some postcard dealers at a collector's show a few weeks ago. None of the dealers had ever seen the card before and did not have any information. I do not think it is worth alot, maybe a few dollars. I will send a picture to the American Philatelic Society and see what they say. Thanks to all for taking time to share your thoughts.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The regular issue for your post card is UX46 as found in Scott's Specialized Catalog. These were issued about 1954. Yours appears to have a vertical AND horizontal cutting error.
The dealers want to buy it? How much did they offer? Glad you didn't sell it until you find out as much as you can about it. I'd say it's worth more than a couple of bucks. Put it in a protective sleeve if you can and handle it carefully. Just my opinion.
Scott

Attachments

• KCE7741563B002.jpg
    KCE7741563B002.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 523
OP
OP
Stickmarsh

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
The regular issue for your post card is UX46 as found in Scott's Specialized Catalog. These were issued about 1954. Yours appears to have a vertical AND horizontal cutting error.
The dealers want to buy it? How much did they offer? Glad you didn't sell it until you find out as much as you can about it. I'd say it's worth more than a couple of bucks. Put it in a protective sleeve if you can and handle it carefully. Just my opinion.
Scott

Thanks for your thoughts. 1954 sounds about right, as I have had this card for many years, having come across it as a teenager. I took the card to a postcard collector's show in Pompano Beach, FL. They hold 2 shows a year, with the summer show being the smaller show and with mostly local collectors. They have a large 2 day show in Jan. or Feb. of each year. I showed the card to 4 or 5 dealers. One dealer was a 98 year-old man who is legally blind. He can still see somewhat, and he said he had never seen this card before. I did not offer the card for sale, and none of the individuals made an offer to buy. No one offered an opinion as to value, other than whatever the market will bear. I understand that to mean it is worth whatever a person is willing to pay. If I find out an estimate of value, I will share the information in a future post.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A keeper. When I was a postal inspector, we removed all errors for destruction....which makes the older ones like that a beaut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread