gold stamps

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they the 22k stamps from Staffa?
Looks like they go for about $25.00 apiece.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Acompleted listings search on feebay shows them going for .50 - 1.00 for multiple stamps. These are for the gold replica stamps. Which ones do you have? Are they the ones with this book?

Attachments

• !BolyDJw!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEuZRJbKhMBLo!SWp8R!~~_1.jpg
    !BolyDJw!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEuZRJbKhMBLo!SWp8R!~~_1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,255

jspero

Jul 25, 2006
East Coast USA
diggummup said:
Acompleted listings search on feebay shows them going for .50 - 1.00 for multiple stamps. These are for the gold replica stamps. Which ones do you have? Are they the ones with this book?

I value them at $0.25, especially if bought in bulk. If I get them as part of a regular stamp collection, I place no value on them (don't figure them in the offer at all). There are no "rare" ones and these are shunned for the most part by stamp collectors. They are factory-made collectibles like Franklin Mint stuff and Beanie Babies with little to no secondary market.

Your best bet is E-Bay or Craigslist to get the most exposure. I doubt a stamp dealer would be interested in them. As another note - the amount of gold in them is VERY small. They are made from really thin gold foil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions