Inherited some high value stamps?

mikebionca

Aug 4, 2011
I recently was given a whole slew of stamps that were my grandfathers he owned a stamp store well heres a list of a few are these worth alot?

#C13 Graf Zeppelin hinged

#C14 Graf Zeppelin hinged

#C15 Graf Zeppelin no gum

US Stamp #113 mint

US Stamp #205 yellow brown mint

this is just a minuscule fraction of what I have I will get pictures up later as im at work right now

jspero

Jul 25, 2006
East Coast USA
The Zeps have some value, the others are little to no real value. You were able to find the Scott number. Use it to check a ballpark on eBay.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The others are little to no value? How do you figure?
The Zeps have some value, the others are little to no real value. You were able to find the Scott number. Use it to check a ballpark on eBay.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike:
Welcome to Treasure Net !!

The "Official Blackbook Price Guide to US Postage Stamps --2013 Edition--reflects the following (retail estimated) values for used Zeps numbered C-13 through C-15: $236, $470 and $735.
For the "113" = $468 (mint-unused). And for the "205"= $355 (unused mint condition).
Notwithstanding these values, my impression of stamp collecting today is it's a hobby with an ever decreasing interest. With that in mind, you may wish to consider selling the collection in a timely manner. Check Ebay for comparable, and current, sales data.
Don.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,

Welcome aboard....I dabbled in stamp collecting on and off for about 30 years now.

And as Don said for the most part the market is quite soft.....but that said it's similar to many other collectibles....when the economy is soft.

Also the condition comes into play.....big time.....the centering, light hinged, heavy hinged, how fresh looking the stamp is, etc....

As others have mentioned check EBay for comparable stamps and use as a benchmark as to retail value.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread