Rare German Baden Land Post 12 cent Stamp (Mint)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One source classifies this stamp as "Uncommon", versus "Very Uncommon", "Rare", "Very Rare" or Extremely Rare"
Most of the 12 Kr stamps with cancel are forged. Only about 700 stamps were used with cancels: Baden, Birkendorf, Bonndorf, Freiburg-Stadtpost, Markdorf, Merchingen, Mosbach, Saekingen, Steinen, Thingen and Waldshut (according to 'Distinghuishing Characteristics of Classic Stamps, Old German States' by Herman Schloss). All other cancels are probably forged.
I have no idea what the unused stamp is currently worth; though I suspect much less.

As to selling your stamp on Treasure Net, there may be a prohibition unless you are a Charter Member.
Don.......

OP
OP
O

oldworldcollector

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just say I should not post anything thing for sale until I am a full member.
Please do not draw unnecessary incorrect attention to my Ext. Rare stamp.

If I am in error posting to this listing, I will gladly remove my listing.

I am new to this site so I currently do not know my way around. But this does not mean
I do not know what I am selling. I been in philately for a long time and know what is
trending. It seems you are trying to insinuate I am trying to scam someone or gauge
on a price.

I am honest and trusting. And I have a collection worth over $150,000.
Had all my material appraised and evaluated. And know what each stamp in my collection is worth.
But in today's economic woes you can not present high cat. value items for sale with a price
no whare close to book value. So I listed a cancel variation that is currently for sale @ $16,000
But saw one sell for $12,000 in an auction last year. So let me know if I need to delete my post and
wait until I am a full member to sell anything. Please do not insult my intelligence. Thank you.

Baden LJ3 12 KR One of the Great Philatelic Rarities ! Superb No Hidden Faults ! | eBay

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to be a charter member to sell anything on tnet and as soon as a moderator see's your post they will deleat it.:coffee2:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a new member, you've recently read and accepted the rules by which this board is governed. One of the rules of this board is: "You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."

TreasureNet - Rules
I have interpreted that to mean noone is allowed to sell items on Treasure Net. The exception, as I understand it is if you are a Charter Member. Your reference to a "Full Member" is an entirely different status. I believe any member can be a Charter Member at any time; to be a Full Member requires a certain minimum number of posts.

As to your posting, I'm surprised you didn't mention that unused issues (such as your stamp) are selling for about $15.00 (fifteen dollars).
Germany - Baden - scott LJ3 - unused hinged - Rural Postage Due 12 kr | eBay

Based on your stated ("long time") experience, would you care to clarify the disparity of prices between the unused and the used; i.e. why an unused stamp like yours stamp might be be worth only a fraction of a similar cancelled stamp?

As to insulting your intelligence; on the contrary, I think you knew exactly what you were doing.
Don.......

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hilarious.
That was worth reading, short and sweet. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread