Bought a big old stamp collection, know nothing about stamps

Spike

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bought a nice wooden box at an estate sale, and when I got it home I found it had a huge stamp collection in it.

I don't know anything about stamps, but there's some cool ones in there. Got a nice lot from Cuba, which eBay says I can't list for sale. Spent the afternoon trying to pick out the best ones (but what do I know?). Put those on eBay. Had to quit when staring at them gave me vertigo, and the cat stepped on the board they were all neatly separated out by country on, and managed to flip them onto the ground. Bless his heart.

Was wondering if anybody would be interested in looking at what I have, to see if I have anything worth a few bucks? http://www.ebay.com/itm/190861959057?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I guess I can't sell the Cuba stamps, but can I give them away? Are they good for anything?

CUBA.JPG

Last edited:
S

stefen

I happen to have inherited a "Pre-Posted Stamp Collection" in 12 ~ 3 ring binders that is separated by named post offices first by State, each State by County, each County by City, Town or Village, dating from 1880 thru 1960's...almost every city, town county and state is represented.

And there it sits....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Spike,
The Boy Scouts has a Stamp Collecting Merit Badge. The counselor for that Badge might be interested in receiving some stamps to help with his teaching. You might contact your local Scout Troop and ask for the Stamp Collecting Counselor.
Also, I'd be interested in seeing your US collection of stamps.

Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread