All Treasure Hunting

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My collection only goes up to my birth year (1976) and decided to collect only North America and European nations. Even with those constraints, my collection is "housed" in 33 3" binders. I say "housed" because a good portion of it is currently residing in plastic totes waiting to be placed into their binder homes. Great hobby, but definitely a time consumer. Wish I had more time to dedicate to it.

-TwoYewts

cuffs9999

May 31, 2012
My collection runs probably around 50k stamps. I much prefer to stick to worldwide stamps up till the end of ww2

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a collector of just about anything. I do collect stamps when I run across collections or the books. other than that I don't know a whole lot about them. I have hundreds of them from collections I bought or found at Goodwills, auctions, garage sales, etc......So, basically I don't have a cutoff, I just grab boxes or books of them whenever I find them, look through them, throw them in a box. I wanted to eventually get into it a little more....Just haven't gotten that far yet. I don't search anything out, just grab whatever I stumble across and not real picky.:laughing7:

Willy Garrison

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to pay more attention to my hobby. I mostly gather Europe, after World War II.

cuffs9999

May 31, 2012
My interest cut off is pre 1955. With a keen interest in back of the books. So interesting and varied

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've collected stamps for 70 years. It's time to unload.
Email me your address and name the top 2 or 3 countries you collect.
I'll see what I can do regarding sending you some stamps; for free !
[email protected]
This applies to all those on the thread.
Don.....

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cut off is 1966 in U.S. stamps. That is because Two stamps found buried in a junk store were published in 1932 and the other in 1959 I think, they contained a large number of US and Foreign stamps. Transferring them into new albums, (The others had some water damage) the second new album only went to 1966. Good enough, it has turned into an interesting part time hobby.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1966. Discovered two older albums in a junk store, a little water damage, but the albums themselves were in good shape. The oldest stamp (American) was in the 1870's, and the 2nd album ended in 1966. There were a good number of stamps in them. There were also Many foreign stamps dating back into the 1800's. Have since bought new albums from Mystic Stamp co. and have transferred "carefully" all the stamps since. Kept the old albums, they were so well done, that to me, they are worth keeping. One copyright in 1930. The second album copyright 1952. . I have since been buying stamps from Mystic Stamp Co. Some used, some Mint, to fill in where I could afford to, or for what I was willing to pay. Years ago, who would have thought that I would have an interest in stamp collecting. The only ones I have bought are American issue, and only up to the date I mentioned. I have dealt with Mystic, but Kenmore seems more then equal, any thoughts on those two? An Edit. The second album found was as I said copyright 1952. The reason for the 1966 date is the two new albums I bought to transfer the stamps to, the second one ended at 66, therefore, the "cutoff" date.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread