• Stamps2.jpg
    Stamps2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 150

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a haul for a buck! I'm thinking this is a group of stamps taken from a much larger collection, where the collector had passed.

Unfortunately stamp collecting fell out of favor a generation or so ago. You would be disappointed if you attempted to sell to the public. Tuck them away to pass to your children. That was a great find!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Really nice buy.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MJ,
Welcome to Treasurenet !!
My suggestion: Contact your local Boy Scout troop leader and ask for the name and phone number of the Stamp Collector Merit Badge Counselor. Call and tell him what you have (maybe hundreds of 'packets' containing one or more stamps) and you would like his opinion on what they are and what they may be worth. Since PHX is a big city, I would contact another BS Troop and find their Counselor for the Merit Badge--to get a second opinion.

Another thought: You could ask these Counselors for a written opinion of the collection's value; then donate the collection to the BSA and take the tax donation write off. (Save those 'appraisals'.)
Don.........

OP
OP
M

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mine Shaft Okay, thanks. I will do that. I know stamps can be difficult to value. Are the foreign ones usually not worth anything?

OP
OP
M

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mackaydon Thank you for the BS troop leader suggestion. I never would have thought of that!

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be someone somewhere who collects stamps if you want to sell them. Never know.

OP
OP
M

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mine Shaft Is there a specific type of US stamps to look out for? e.g. Presidents, railroad, year.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@Mine Shaft Is there a specific type of US stamps to look out for? e.g. Presidents, railroad, year.

The early ones 19th century i don't think you have any of those but i do see a 1901 issue in your photo. It looks like the person wrote the date on the packets. Also check for blocks of 4 that will be 4 stamps together.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread