How to digitalize and present a stamp collection in the right place

Szymek_Kozak

Greenie
Sep 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're a stamp collector and would like to show your stamps to people who share a common passion you should try Ownetic. It's not only a social platform for collectors but also a valuable platform for managing and displaying entire collections of collectibles.
On Ownetic you can find many people devoted to stamps. They share the collections they own, build relationships with like-minded people and discover new things.

Here is a glimpse of the stamp category on Ownetic:

stamps1.png

And more:

stamps2.png

OP
OP
S

Szymek_Kozak

Greenie
Sep 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Don, thank you for having me! Have you tried Ownetic? I'm very interested in getting to know your feedback:)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SK: At this stage of my life I'm more interesting in finding a place for my collection after I'm gone. My family and extended family members each seem to be more into nerdie things like electronic games; far from stamp or even coin collecting. Too 'old school' for them.
Don..........

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with Don.

There's no one to give my collection to. There's no one who will appreciate it anymore in my surrounding world.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Don, Mom started the local museum full of relics from past times. They love her to death there. Certainly there's no room there for my 5 boxes full of stamps and albums. My kids will never even look in the boxes of albums. I guess that's where I really should store them - I know they'll keep them for times to come.

This is sad, this is really sad. There are so few to follow us my friend.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The only source that I can think of today are the Boy Scout Counselors who teach the Boy Scout Merit Badge for Stamp Collecting; and even they are getting fewer and far between.My gut tells me that stamp collecting in the future (for investment purposes) will concentrate on only the very valuable stamps.
Don....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys...What the OP is trying to do is bring interest to these type of collections again through the digital age I hope it works, the interest has fell off.

I understand where you guys are coming from I'm 42 and I had one friend my age growing up that collected like I do. I had huge collections, another problem that comes up, especially moving around, moving,storing and protecting them. That and I will never make what my parents did in life, the house will be smaller,etc... I have a Son and want to keep as much as I can for him!! I've had everything from coins to antique furniture. As time goes? I'm losing more and more room to store it and also have to sell to get money. My generation caught the in between.....I love to collect. I don't have the room to keep mass collections.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Szymek_Kozak

Greenie
Sep 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all true what you are saying here guys, but IMO future is brighter than you see it:) One example: vinyl - a decade ago everyone thoughts that it is an old medium and now many people get back to it - both to listen to music and to collect this cool objects.

We build Ownetic to allow fellow collectors to meet like-minded people - enthusiasts of similar interests. You can upload your collectibles - coins, stamps, banknotes, vinyl etc. here and maybe someone will be interested in buying your collection when you'll have a problem to give it to someone from your family/friends?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Szmek, do you own part of "Ownetic," are they one of your clients? I'm just interested since you're pushing it so hard.:occasion14:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all true what you are saying here guys, but IMO future is brighter than you see it:) One example: vinyl - a decade ago everyone thoughts that it is an old medium and now many people get back to it - both to listen to music and to collect this cool objects.

We build Ownetic to allow fellow collectors to meet like-minded people - enthusiasts of similar interests. You can upload your collectibles - coins, stamps, banknotes, vinyl etc. here and maybe someone will be interested in buying your collection when you'll have a problem to give it to someone from your family/friends?

I just quickly looked, I think it's a cool idea. Here is my issue and maybe you have already considered this and I' just haven't explored it deep enough. How protected are the users? Meaning the privacy end, and how hard is it for someone to get the information of the user?

As example, a person puts all of their collections on there, They are in the digital world forever! Everything I own is in one spot for someone to "shop".

Not trying to be negative! I think it's a great idea! I don't have anything anymore to worry about. But there are people out there with huge collections, privacy and theft are a huge concern! And in the world of coins and valuables it's a very real threat. I understand we have the same threat listing and selling on Ebay. But that can be juggled around with return address and Ebay is a fairly secure site. It still happens and always will.

I'm trying to sell stuff and get back into dealing a little.Slowly....So, I probably will be looking into the site for that reason. It looks like it could end up being a good tool to use.:occasion14:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Szmek, do you own part of "Ownetic," are they one of your clients? I'm just interested since you're pushing it so hard.:occasion14:

Terry he is a supporting vendor.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have inherited boxes of old stamps. I have no idea what to do with them or if I have time to do anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions