OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The several boxes of my stamp collection is in the eave closets (one on each side of my upstairs). My upstairs is wall to wall junk...

I have to rid myself of my laziness, and risk my very serious fear of spiders to move everything away from the little doors to the closets. I'll get there, as I DO have a need to look further into this. Pardon me for being utterly worthless at this point in my life....

Stamp collecting is a forgotten pastime today, and that's a danged shame.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was born and raised in UC-PA. I've been there. We caught lightning bugs and had a frog jumping contest with all my kido's and their cousins. Haven't been there in the last 25+ years I would say, but I'll bet money it hasn't changed much from then.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Pardon my laziness, but it is not that I am lazy, it's just that this heat has taken the gumption outta me right now. I've a more than 30 y/o window AC 3 feet from me, and it's not doing a really good job now. But this is my forever home, and my forever situation - once again kinda equals "whatever".

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep,
Living with spiders can't be anything like living with scorpions; get up there !!
Don.....

We got the occasional black widows here, but most prevalent are the brown recluse. My great grandfather was bitten on the back of his hand by a brown recluse. His hand was crippled for the remainder of his life.......

Granny told us since childhood "watch out for the spiders".

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kinda odd that I'm so afraid of spiders, since I got popped by a copperhead when I was age 12.

And I'm not afraid of snakes?

And then that old legend of my great grandfather's spider experience has lived on with me to date....

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
We got the occasional black widows here, but most prevalent are the brown recluse. My great grandfather was bitten on the back of his hand by a brown recluse. His hand was crippled for the remainder of his life.......

Granny told us since childhood "watch out for the spiders".

I understand that fear....Brown Recluse Spiders and Tornados are my Worst Fears.

JMO, if that letter was in my possession, I'd open it before contacting family considering the date. It 'could be' something regarding a child given up to another family member or an adoption nobody was told about...Any number of sensitive family situations.

It's awesome to see correspondence to or from a relative almost a century ago. It's kinda like returning Dog Tags to descendants.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision along with Don's input!

Kace

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went into my East eve - wall to wall with boxes stacked. I went into the accessible boxes, but just junk in them. I'd have to rearrange boxes to get to the boxes further to the North. I don't know what's in the West eve - I'll go look....

I could barely get the door open on the West eve but shined the flashlight in = wall to wall with boxes stacked.

I have zero idea what's all back there - looks like I should buy two 8' long folding tables and have yard sales at the highway head of my driveway....

With that tin roof, those eves are too hot to linger in, going to have to do that in cooler weather. Probably some computers in them too - Mom intro'd me to PC's in the early 80's.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct me if I am wrong.

But to me the letter looks like it has already been opened to me.

It has been opened from the end.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct me if I am wrong.
But to me the letter looks like it has already been opened to me.
It has been opened from the end.

Yes, it had been opened when I first got the collection. But I have never pulled the letter out to read - I've considered it to be a very private letter of which I have no business to read. However, that was around 30 years ago. I will still have to think about it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it had been opened when I first got the collection. But I have never pulled the letter out to read - I've considered it to be a very private letter of which I have no business to read. However, that was around 30 years ago. I will still have to think about it.

Deep... I know a way you can feel better about taking it out.

Have someone else do it

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions