Bubble is forming. Bejing is filled with empty office buildings and workers
are being offered pay packages to resign. These "resignations" do not show
up on statistics about employment numbers. Don't trust govt hyped economic
stats.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
Re: Here's A Stock To Buy

I love it. Everyone worries about a bubble, or a terrorist event. Maybe it is better to not invest any money and let inflation eat our savings away. I find that people who tell me stocks are to risky have no savings, yet still want to tell everyone how to save money.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Mr Snake, don't know what your problem is but I don't give advise about stuff
I don't know anything about. What makes you think I do that? Just trying to
give a heads up to RL to check out.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

I apologise. I am tired of all the fear mongering. I am doing great in the stock market. My property holdings are sound. Yet all I hear is wait for the bottom or the bubble. All America needs to do is spend money on products that stimulate the economy.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705

I'll keep my eye on this one!

ken(Toronto)

Mar 7, 2008

APWR ran up to $21, but is now $10.
Pressure being put on Congress to use American buildt wind turbines , instead of importing it from foreign companies like APWR.

Ken

OP
OP
R

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
Update

I should have titled my post a "stock to look at". When I posted about apwr, it was approaching 21.00 a share and I had paid 9.00 a share for it. I ended up selling my 500 shares at 18.00 for a nice 4500.00 profit. As one of the members posted, the US government is pushing for more United States involvement in the wind turbine industry. China is far ahead of our country when it comes to building and erecting turbines. While apwr has slipped, I do think it warrants another look especially since it is at about 8.00 a share. R.L.

Dknight34

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro LST & SS

I dont claim expertise, but I work in a building with many financial guys. A particular older broker who's clients are primarily older more conservative types tipped me off to a similar type company (ticker symbol ABB). ABB is a swiss based company who does a lot of work in South Africa/Europe. Anyway, they do the alternative energy stuff and are very sound financially. He suggested it to me as a very sound long-term prospect. So, check it out.
D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread